top of page

Group

Public·72 members

How To Fix ITunes Asking For Backup Password That You Never...

Download File ===> https://urllie.com/2thXxt

Not sure if this will help you specifically but it helped me in a similar situation. I definitely never set my back-ups as encrypted and hence never chose a password for a back-up. I had tried every password possible, every suggestion on these forums and nothing worked for me. However if you go to Settings, General, Reset, Reset All Settings - it actually removes the encryption (it does not remove any data etc). After it has reset plug it back it and the encrypted box will no longer be checked. My issue was a little different however, as I still had my old phone so I could simply back it up again once the encryption was removed. You cannot restore from an old backup but you can simply backup your phone now making sure the encryption box remains unchecked and you now no longer have an encrypted back up. I never post on forums like this but I had been trying to fix this for months so thought I would share in the hopes it could help anyone experiencing the same issue. Hope this works for you!

Except that is not true. I've never set encryption, much less a password - and yet there it is, asking me for a password.it's clearly a bug. A fresh install of iTunes on a fresh W7 PC defaults to encryption, doesn't prompt you, and if you don't notice the checkbox is activated you're encrypted with (most likely) a blank password (time will tell what it got set to).

Please explain how every user that successfully guessed their password had a different one, some of them passwords that Apple's software could not possibly have known Here are some from from this and other threads on the subject:

Except it IS true. iTunes does not set passwords on its own. There's only 2 ways your backup has a password: Either you checked Encrypt Backup, or you have an MS Exchange corporate email account on your phone, and your Exchange administrator installed a security profile that requires backups to be encrypted. In either case, the first time you backed up you were prompted for a password - twice, to verify that you entered the correct one. The phone knows that there is an encrypted backup, so any time you connect the phone to iTunes the Encrypt Backup box will be checked, regardless of whether it was the original computer/iTunes installation or any other computer. Note that the phone does not know what the password is; only that it exists. The "password" is not an actual password; it is the encryption key for the backup. So there is no place it can be recovered from.

iTunes also does not accept a blank password, so throw out that hypothesis. In other threads, people have guessed the backup password. And it has always been one that they know, and that iTunes could not possibly know.

You are incorrect, Sir. I never checked the box for encrypted backup - there is NOTHING in my backup that would require encryption. Had I done so by accident, I would have had to enter the password, twice, and I would have used one of a sequence that I use for everything. It would be quite easy for me to figure out the password that I would have used. This is a BUG, plain and simple.

Fortunately, I still have the iPhone which had been backed up. I have deleted the unknown password encrypted backup and, as explained above (Settings, General, Reset, Reset All Settings) I have unchecked encryption, backup up again, with a new password and asked for it to be saved in my keychain.

I've said it before, and I will say it again. The ONLY way a backup password can be set is if a human being sets it. I don't care whether you believe me or not, but that's the truth of it. If you think Android devices will solve all of your problems, then go for it. I don't care either way.

Also, if you have iOS 11 it is possible to remove the password: About encrypted backups in iTunes - Apple Support and click "get help with a forgotten password." Sadly, most cybersecurity experts are unhappy that Apple provided this workaround, as it essentially means that anyone who has your phone and your computer can now recover all of the contents of your phone (read "anyone" as the FBI, NSA, CIA, Border Patrol, Customs & Immigration, etc)

lawrence , im sorry to tell you this but , get a real job .... i do work with computer and specially electronics for LONG years ... and i have done not tausands but hundreds of backup from iphone to itunes and itunes to iphone back again .....

we work with apple in repair part so ..i grabed a phone NEW phone ... install a few ***** and created a new apple id .. after that i changed my apple id password to something diferent ... then made a backup of the phone with only the OPTION backup ( NOT TICKED THE OPTION TO ENCRYPT ) ok , reseted phone .... now trying to restore ........ ASKING FOR PASSWORD AGAIN ...... ok ... i insert ID apple password (last password) ...not work .... using first apple id password ....its now passing files ......

and finally ,, took me a few hours but managed to remember my first apple id password , and that allowed me to recover my backup of my fone ..... unlucky are does who can't remember the password and get ****** due to a problem that is not they fault ...

I never set up a password to backup my iPhone so why am I being prompted to enter a password in order to restore from backup I need my backup. This is a big miss on Apple's part for requiring a password.

So, what should be your first step when iTunes asking for password to restore backup Well, the easiest solution to get out of this situation is to try all possible passwords that you might commonly use. In general, people use the same password on different accounts.

Unlike many other third-party iOS tools, UltFone iPhone Backup Unlocker even works with the latest iTunes/iOS versions. So, when you can t remember encrypted iPhone backup password, or when iTunes is asking for a password that you never set on the latest iPhone 12, the tool will help you quickly unlock the backup without any hassle.

If you are trying to update your iPhone or other iDevice, you may try to restore from a backup so that you do not have to recover your data. However, iTunes may ask for a password, one that you do not remember setting because you never checked the option for an encrypted backup. There are several passwords you can try to change the password, given that you can remember your iTunes Store password, etc.

Step 4) Sometimes, the password can be a really old iTunes password that you set a long time ago but have since changed it. The original password is sometimes your backup password. This may be a bug in iTunes but try it and see if it works.

Step 6) If you are using Windows, the only thing left to try will be to change your iTunes password on your actual account to access the iTunes Store. Then on the backup password dialogue, try the old password and the newly set password.

Step 7) Try your Windows Administrator password. This is a common solution. Also, even more common is to try the Windows administrator password that you used when you first set up your computer or when you first set up your iPhone.

I am upgrading my iphone 4 to iOS 5. I backed up my phone (via iTunes 10.5) and downloaded and installed iOS 5. I am now going through the setup process and it is at the "Restore from iTunes Backup" step. I connect to iTunes and iTunes is prompting me for a password to "unlock your iPhone backup file." No I did not encrypt the iPhone backup, nor is it or was it checked in iTunes. I have tried my iTunes password, my 4 digit unlock code for the iPhone, and several other passwords. When I did the backup an hour ago I was not asked for a password. I am at a loss as to what it is.

Well I finally got through with the correct password. For some reason it was the original iTunes password I had setup when I first got the iPhone 4 and iTunes 17 months ago. I had changed that password soon after creating it and have since changed it several times. Somehow it popped into my head and after trying hundreds (no I'm not kidding) of passwords, success!

Plug in phone;click on the iPhone icon near upper right hand corner of screen;click on summary tab;under "Backups" click the box "Encrypt iPhone backup", this will prompt you to create a password, which will then work when you go to restore again.

Like most here, I never set a password for my backups previously, so this caught me really off-guard. Also ****** me off b/c I'm going on a trip tomorrow morning and wanted my phone fully updated and functioning before I left. I tried my current Itunes password, didn't work, I tried my four-digit code I use as a locking code for the phone. I tried 1234 mentioned above, none work. 153554b96e

https://www.clsproserv.com/group/vet-status/discussion/3caddf9f-be6e-4bb4-af58-3ffc60c7b133

https://www.rebuildinglifegardens.com/forum/welcome-to-the-forum/in-the-aiyaary-movie-hindi-dubbed-download-updated

https://www.zipfaustralia.com/forum/welcome-to-the-forum/essay-on-the-great-depression-2021

About

Welcome to the group! You can connect with other members, ge...
Group Page: Groups_SingleGroup
bottom of page